If I miss work as a result of a Florida car accident, can my lost wages be recovered?
Yes, it is possible for you to recover up to 60% of your lost wages under the Florida no-fault statute, which is also known as personal injury protection. Now, what do you do about the other 40%? That other 40% can be recovered under the at-fault driver’s policy and can also be possibly recovered under your underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage. It is very important for you keep tabs on any lost wages or time that you’ve missed from work. That would include not just immediately after the car accident but also any doctor’s appointments that you had to go to or any other type of appointments that you had to go to that caused you to miss work.